The Hearst Memorial Mining Building was built in 1907 and it is currently the home for the Universities Materials Science and Engineering Department. A recent renovation to room 390 included the installation of 156 model 220.127.116.11 Allegro Chairs. The seating was supplied with 100 square inch writing tablets, aisle ends were supplied with veneer surfaced panels and comfort curved wood arms while the center standards were installed with polymer arms. This installation also includes foot shrouds and ADA swing-away aisle panels. The chairs are finished with black plastic and powder coat, No. 17 India Teak on Maple, Nevamar Easy Elegance laminate and upholstered with Maharam Gradient Chestnut fabric.