BAM Harvey Theatre / Brooklyn, NY
The Harvey is owned and operated by the prestigious Brooklyn Academy of Music. The theatre, originally known as the Majestic, opened in 1904. By the 1960's the theatre was closed and sat empty for a couple of decades before it was renovated and reopened in the 1980's with an award-winning, aged European design. Recently Irwin Seating provided new custom seating for the 800 seat Harvey. The chairs are modified Allegro chairs with fully upholstered gravity lift seats. To help improve sight lines, the balcony chairs are taller than a normal chair and feature an innovative foot rest mechanism for comfort. These chairs are upholstered in Maharam Steady Cryton Summit fabric and finished with a custom wood stain and powder coat (paint). The seating also features a discreet center standard cupholder.