The Riverside Theatre opened April 29, 1928, as a 2,500 seat Vaudeville house. Like many theatres across the country, the Riverside has had it's ups-and-downs including it's conversion to a movie house and a fire in 1966 caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette. In 2007 the main floor seating was replaced with model 188.8.131.52 Rialto theatre chairs. In 2016 the balcony seating was replaced with model No. 184.108.40.206 Citation chairs. Maple wood backs and armrests are stained in No. 17 India Teak. Plastic components and center standards were provided in black and the cast ends were provided in a custom red with gold highlights with a custom row letter applied to them. The fabric used is JB Martin Porto velour.