For the 150th anniversary of Freed Hardeman University, Old Main Hall was renovated in 2019. This building was constructed the same year Irwin Seating Company was founded, 1907! The renovation of this magnificent National Historic Landmark included the restoration of seating in Chapel Hall which was from the late 1920's or early 30's.
This project included stripping of the standards down to bare metal for powder coating and hand decorating of the aisle standards. Armrests were refinished and routed for donor plates. New backs and seats were manufactured in the same shape as the originals but with increased widths for more comfort.